BENEFITS OF BEING AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER
It’s been another interesting year for the broadband communication industry. Technology continues to move at lightning speed… operators are continuing their efforts in preparing their networks for new services and and deploying broadband in unserved and underserved locations… manufacturers are pushing production to new levels… contractors are gearing up for the next wave…and programmers continue to invest in new content. Also, as you well know, our DBS and telco competitors continue to ramp up aggressive advertising and legislative initiatives making the months and years ahead all the more challenging for us.
Behind the scenes, the staff and members of the Broadband Communications Association of Pennsylvania (BCAP) are monitoring those legislative and regulatory issues in Harrisburg and Washington, D.C. that affect our subscriber growth, competitiveness and ability to expand products and services.
By joining one of our industry’s leading state associations, as an Associate Member, you are supporting the initiatives of BCAP that continually promote System Member efforts to state and federal legislators. As an Associate Member of BCAP, you receive:
- A daily email news service, BCAP NewsClips, highlighting industry and political news articles not found in the trades that affect Pennsylvania;
- bcapsules – bcapsules – the Association electronic newsletter providing extensive updates on timely legislation, BCAP events, and updates from the Pennsylvania Broadband Development Authority;
- Opportunities to serve within the Association committee and governance structure, shaping the policies and direction of our industry in Pennsylvania;
- BCAP Membership Directory, offering a comprehensive listing of System Members, municipalities served and related contact information;
- An opportunity to meet and discuss common interests with the movers and shakers of Pennsylvania’s broadband cable industry.
Associate Members help support System Members through sponsorship opportunities for BCAP events including Pennsylvania Broadband Summit, and PAC functions including our annual “Skeet, Trap and Pheasant Shoot.” Your membership and sponsorships make available networking opportunities with System Members as well as providing you the opportunity to share your products and services.
The above link is a membership application. Please take the time to consider this opportunity and feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. Let’s all be there for the broadband providers in Pennsylvania by supporting our industry through BCAP!